Thursday, June 14, 2012

The Lady on the Plane

Last month, I got on an airplane to surprise my friend Emily (http://setapart-emily.blogspot.com) for her Birthday. So, as I got on the plane, I asked God, "Where do you want me to sit?" So, immediately someones head caught my attention. God clearly said,  "By her." So I rushed over next to the seat by this women. (not than you can actually rush though a line to a seat!) I got to the seat (finally!), and sat down between two older women. The one on the right side, immediately started talking. I chated with her for a while. But, she wasn't the head that had caught my attention. I glanced over at the other women on my left side. My heart jumped, it was a Mexican lady! I love, love, love, the Mexican culture!! (maybe I will be a missionary in Mexico one day!) The women on my right side started to dose off. I kept glancing at the lady to my left. The plane started to take off, and she did the Catholic sign for Father, Son, and The Holy Spirit. So my heart jumped again. This lady knows Jesus!! So, the flight attendant came and asked what she wanted to drink. She responded, "Me, no understand." So, the flight attendant knew Spanish, and the lady beside me pointed to my water bottle and said, "Agua." So, then the flight attendant gave her some water. She didn't know where to put the cup, so she just held it. I put down her tray for her. (you know, those little table/tray thingies on airplanes?) She smiled, and I smiled back. She said, "Muchas gracias!" I nodded, as to say, your welcome. The flight attendant's voice came on the intercom thing, asking if some one had lost an important piece of paper. I, of course didn't take much notice, and the lady beside me, not knowing much English, didn't take any notice of it either. A little while later, the flight attendant came on the intercom again, and asked if this certain person was on board. The lady beside me took immediate notice, and tapped my arm, and pointed to herself. I tapped the other lady beside me, and told her that the person they were looking for, was the lady on my other side. She rang the "dinger" thing, and the flight attendant came, and gave her the piece of paper. She thanked me again. Then a while later, she pointed her hand downward, as if saying, "Are we going to land anytime soon?" The flight attendant had just announced that we were getting close to landing time. I nodded. She said good, several times. When we landed, she didn't know how to unbuckle her seat belt, I helped her. She then said, in English, "Thank you very, very, much!" As I got off the plane, I pointed upward, and said, "Jesus." She smiled, and did the same.


I got off the plane, and met Emily's dad and we drove to a restaurant to surprise Emily. I couldn't forget the Lady on the plane. I don't think I ever will. I was able to help this women, I was able to let Jesus shine though me, to her.(treasures in jars of clay!) I will never forget her smile, and her eyes. God had just used me, and I was glad!

Another thing is, is that I was scheduled to fly out the night before, but something had come up, and I had to fly out the next day. If I hadn't been on that second flight, the lady that I sat beside, maybe wouldn't of got her important paper back.

Thank you God for that opportunity! I ask you for many more!!

No comments:

Post a Comment