Sunday, November 18, 2012

How many times have I tuned my light switch on and off? About a thousand. How many times have I sat down at my desk to work and turned my lamp on. About a thousand. Something we don't normally think about. A light on and a light off. Something we casually do. Something normal. But did you ever consider that you could apply that analogy to Christianity? So many Christians turn their light (Jesus) off and on. So many Christians put God in a box. So, so many do it. This breaks my heart. I used to do it. I used to save God for Sundays. But God changed me. When I started getting into the word daily, my life was changed. Something so simple yet so powerful. When I started growing closer to God and having a personal relationship with him, my life was changed. I have always loved God. I have always believed in Him. But as I get older, I am faced with a choice. Choose God, or not. It all comes down to that question in the end. Will you choose God, or Satin? The "norm" Christianity turns God "on" on Sundays, and "off''' the rest off the week. It is such an easy habit to get into to, but a very dangerous one. My relationship with the Lord is growing, daily. But of late, it has grown even stronger. I find myself no able to turn the switch "off." I just can't do it. Friends that would normally see me when the switch was "off " are now giving me the, 'you are so weird' look. It hurts, but yet I am glad. I have gotten this look all my life. And as my relationship with Christ becomes stronger I find my self not being embarrassed any more, but almost angry. Frustrated that every one is turning this "switch" off. It is being turned on and off so frequently. I hurts me to see people living like this. I have experienced God move. I have experience God's power. And when you have experienced His power, you are wrecked for life.

So, here I am, a 13 year old girl, standing in the middle of a broken world, crying out for God to show up in a mighty way. I am seeking Him, I am pursuing Him.

But why am I not receiving an answer?

Why are people living like this?

Why don't people GET it?

Why? Why? Why?

But I know that deep in my heart I have received an answer...

The Lord keeps bringing me back to the passage in Acts where they receive the Holy Spirit. But several times before they received, Jesus said, "Wait." Wait for the Holy Spirit. But He was still doing something very powerful though in the times of "waiting." He was preforming miracles, people were getting healed, set free. He died on the cross and rose again. All in that time of waiting, he was preparing.

I wait. Somewhat impatiently. I am so excited to see what God is going to do. But as I pray for God to show up in a mighty way (and praying for patience), I wait. And I know He will show up in an amazing way.

The battle has already been won, spiritually. But God is waiting for his people, his chosen ones to step forth and receive their calling, their command from the most high officer. God is lining up his people for battle, using those cool secret mission guys to get more soldiers, and the soldiers that are lined up, wait. They wait for a command. But while they are waiting for a command, they are training. Working to get stronger and learn more battle strategies. And when that command is given, they follow the battle plan. They obey. They fight. Their one goal is to carry out the mission the "officer" has given them. The command is coming, it is near, but God is getting his army ready behind the scenes.

Are YOU a soldier? Get ready for the command. It is coming. Get ready for the battle, put your armor on. We will begin soon.

(and in the mean time of waiting, please pray for me that I would have patience in this waiting time. I am praying for you guys too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment